Lock-Deck™ Roof / Decking
Lock-Deck: Lock-DeckTM is a structurally engineered product of two to five kiln-dried lumber laminations bonded together with an exterior waterproof adhesive to form glue-laminated decking. The decking is used for ceilings and roofs, as well as for balconies, mezzanines and floors. With Lock-DeckTM, extraordinary designs can be created for homes, churches, offices and other such structures. Lock-DeckTM is commonly used in Heavy Timber construction as well as wood frame and hybrid systems. Lock-DeckTM laminated decking provides a strong, dimensionally stable decking with all the beauty and warmth of natural wood.
- Species: Lock-Deck™ laminated decking is available in Douglas Fir/Larch, Ponderosa Pine, Western Red Cedar, and Southern Pine. Available on inquiry–Alaska Yellow Cedar, Redwood, White Fir, Idaho White Pine, SPF.
- Supreme Grade: Available in most species, this grade is manufactured with a clear face. This grade may contain occasional small knots or minor characteristics that do not detract from the overall appearance. The grade is the finest in quality and the ultimate in appearance. Supreme is for use where appearance is more important than budget.
- Decorative Grade: Available in all species, this grade contains sound knots and natural wood characteristics. Occasional pieces may contain chipped edge knots, short end splits or seasoning checks, and pin holes. The most widely used grade, it is well suited to most applications.
- Service Grade: Available on inquiry, this rustic grade is recommended for industrial applications where strength is more important than appearance. This grade allows face knotholes, stain, end splits, skip, roller split, planer burn and other non-strength reducing characteristics.
- Patterns: Standard Vee, Square Edge, Channel, Bull Nose. Center laminations are offset and machined to form a tongue and groove on both the edges (center match) and the ends (end match).
- Lengths: Random 6’ to 16’, shipped in multiples of 1’ and 1″ short of nominal. Specified lengths and lengths 18’ to 24’ or longer are available on inquiry.
- Surface Textures: Five textures are offered, with samples available on request.
- Smooth Surfaced
- Smooth Sanded
- Coarse Sanded (16 grit)
- Resawn (crossband saw texture)
- Wire Brushed
- Moisture Content: 10% to 12% average, maximum 15%.
- Adhesive: 100% exterior waterproof type, meeting ASTM D2559. Laminated decking is cured under pressure using high frequency electronics in a radio frequency (RF) press.
- Quality Control: Manufactured in accordance with ANSI/AITC 190.1 and certified by an independent inspection agency.
- Factory Finishing: Available in factory applied, oven dried, acrylic semi-transparent colors. Click here to see finishes.
Nominal Sizes: 2×6, 2×8, 3×6, 3×8, 4×6, 4×8, 5×6 and 5×8. Following is the typical length assortment for 2″, 3″, 4″ and 5″ thicknesses.
Call our team building materials experts for more information on our LockDeck products!